Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

Train Of Thought


The more I think the more I smile
That awful, awful smile
The more I think another tear falls out of my eye
Dripping into a salty pool
The more I think the more I love
Knowing he could never be mine

The more I think the less I know
What I fell for first
Was it his eyes, steely and mystic?
Was it his ego, ready for anything?
Was it the way he handled everything that seemed so smooth and flawless?
Was it his smirking smile?

The more I think the more I smile
A smile of love unrequited
The more I think another tear slips out of my eye
Collecting on my soaked through pillow
The more I think the more I love
A love that could kill me unreturned

The more I think the less I know
What I like about him so much
His wit, his athleticism, his virtuosity, his height?
His lean muscle, the slightly fuller shape to his lips?
The way he rocks slightly back and forth and concentrates totally on his music?
The sarcasm that is so often directed at me, or the snippets where he's calm?

The more I think the more I hurt
It's not healthy at all
The more I think the less I cry
All the tears are gone
The more I think the more I'm sure 

1 comment: